BLUE TEAM LEVEL 2 SECURITY OPERATIONS CERTIFICATION.
Lessons, VIDEOS, TESTS AND cloud labs
ACCESS TO THE TRAINING MATERIAL
rECOMMENDED SECURITY EXPERIENCE
training & certification launch price
BTL2 Academic Advisory Board & Technical Writers
With almost 100 years experience in the security industry, these security experts have ensured that the content and practical exam for BTL2 are scoped correctly, and reflect industry best-practice. This ensures that our students will have the most beneficial experience, and get the most value out of our certification.
A hands-on defensive security training course and certification, showcasing advanced practical ability in defending networks and systems from sophisticated cyber threats. No more multiple choice exams, get genuine security operations experience with content developed by industry experts and a challenging practical assessment.
benefits of btl2
BTL2 is designed to strengthen technical defenders that already have experience and exposure to security operations. BTL2 will develop you in niche areas that make you stand out as an advanced defender. Below are some examples of the skills and experience you will gain.
- Identify, analyze, prioritize, and remediate vulnerabilities to effectively reduce risk.
- Conduct static and dynamic malware analysis to gather indicators of compromise and document details of the malware’s purpose and utilized techniques.
- Writing SIEM detection rules and tuning them to ensure they’re as efficient as possible by conducting adversary emulation activities.
- Perform threat hunts to detect adversaries that have already breached the perimeter.
Who is the course for?
BTL2 is aimed at security professionals with 2-4 years experience in a practical role, but can be suitable for individuals with less experience provided they can commit to the intense training. Roles that we believe would benefit from this course include:
- Senior Security Analysts
- Senior Incident Responders
- Senior Security Consultants
- Threat Hunters
- Malware Analysts
Below you can download our course syllabus to learn more about the content that is covered in the training course and tested in the practical assessment (we’ve also provided a high-level overview in the tabs below!). The certification is split into 4 domains:
- Vulnerability Management
- Malware Analysis
- Advanced SIEM
- Threat Hunting
- Introduction to Vulnerability Management
- Host Discovery
- Vulnerability Discovery
- Analysis, Prioritization, and Threat Intelligence
- Reporting and Remediation
- Introduction to Malware Analysis
- Static Analysis
- Dynamic Analysis
- and more!
We have not yet announced the certification process for BTL2. We will provide more information at the launch event.
We believe feedback is absolutely crucial to developing your skills, rather than just passing the certification. We will provide feedback to all students regardless of whether they pass or fail our exam, so you can understand your weak areas, and become a stronger security professionals.
Once a student passes the practical exam and becomes BTL1 certified, they will receive a number of rewards for their hard work:
- Become Blue Team Level 2 certified for 4 years (renewal via CPEs)
- BTL2 Acclaim digital badge
- BTL2 printed certificate
- BTL2 Silver challenge coin (gold if score 90%+ on first attempt)
Security Blue Team is dedicated to providing affordable, practical, and high-quality defensive cybersecurity training, certifications, and community events.